The increasing importance of cooperation and contextual leadership
Some of the challenges which the Manager and Leader program deals with are:
- The demands imposed on managers for clarity and the ability to communicate goals and values
- Cooperation with other people in the organization
- How the company’s overall business goal can be applied to the operative goals for your area of responsibility
- How you make improvements and raise efficiency with limited resources
The connection between strategies, goals and efficient corporate governance is a recurrent theme, as are change processes. Four themes run throughout the entire program:
- Creating and leading effective teams
- Your own business challenges
- Coaching leadership which you will get to practice with a colleague
- Try out some of the program’s exercises at your workplace and recount your experience on the program.
The program is designed to provide business models, analytical methods and practical exercises which form a toolkit that will support you in your day to day business. These are some of the benefits:
- You will acquire better self-awareness
- You will understand how better to steer and lead the business and acquire a number of tools to do this
- You will understand and be able to communicate financial terms and be able to communicate key ratios which are essential to your business
- You will get a deeper insight into how strategy, control and leadership are interdependent.
For your organization
The Manager and Leader program contributes not only to your development as an individual but also to that of your company or organization. The program provides you with access to Stockholm School of Economics Executive Education’s alumni network, Networker. It is a high-level managerial network through which you and your organization can continue to develop. You will get access to current research and the opportunity to exchange experiences with other managers and companies.
Manager and Leader is primarily aimed at middle managers who are relatively new in their roles or are becoming manager of other managers.
You probably have at least two years experience of being a manager with responsibility such as personnel, products or development.
More about the program content, practical details and our thoughts on executive education (pdf).
Next program start
- 08 November 2021 - 11 March 2022
- 93 000 SEK (Ex VAT)
- Excluding room & board and travel expenses
- November 8 - 10, 2021: Steningevik, Märsta, Sweden
- December 8 - 10, 2021: Kämpasten, Sigtuna
- February 2 - 4, 2022: Kämpasten, Sigtuna
- March 9 - 11, 2022: Kämpasten, Sigtuna
Do you need more information about this program? Click here!