A program specially designed to support banks in the green transition
The International Finance Corporation, IFC, has partnered with the Stockholm School of Economics Executive Education and International Capital Markets Association, ICMA, to develop a first-of- its-kind, globally unique green bond training program, with funding from SIDA, SECO, and the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance.
This is an exclusive program offered by invitation only to selected banks from developing markets. It is designed to deliver deep insight on green bond issuance and the underlying drivers in sustainable finance, including closely related products such as green loans.
Banks invited by IFC are encouraged to nominate 2-3 senior staff to attend the program from:
- Treasury: bank’s treasury department and involved in capital markets activities, especially bond issuance
- Asset origination: corporate lending (notably for renewable energy, green buildings, clean transport, which are often the main use of proceeds; other purposes include sustainable water, waste management, land use, etc.) or from retail lending (e.g. green mortgages or electric / hybrid vehicle leasing)
- Sustainability:leader on areas such as sustainability strategy, sustainable finance development, ESG research analyst relations and sustainability reporting
To extract maximum value from the program, banks should only nominate participants who are decision makers or likely project co-leaders for green bond issuance and associated workflows. Nominee applications will be reviewed by a committee and accepted at the discretion of IFC.
Please download program brochure for more information about the program.
As a participant you will:
- Get both theoretical, foundational knowledge and practical tools needed to start building your green bond issuance as well as catalyzing growth in underlying assets such as green loans
- Strengthen your competence in green finance, enabling you to position green bonds as part of a wider sustainability and sustainable finance strategy for your fir
- Increase your knowledge about the mounting demand for green bonds and, thus, the opportunity for your bank to diversify its funding base
- Deepen your understanding of organizational, reporting and regulatory considerations for green bonds building on the Green Bond Principles
- Learn how to integrate wider ESG considerations into your green bond strategy
- Increase your awareness regarding the importance of links to sustainable development strategy at your bank, and how you and your bank can be a part of the solution
This invite-only program for emerging market banks is brought to you by IFC, with funding from SIDA, SECO, and the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance.
The Participant’s grant includes:
- Economy airfare
- All program tuition fees
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Food and Beverage (except alcohol)
International Finance Corporation, IFC, is a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group. It is the world’s largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
International Capital Markets Association, ICMA, has been the leading provider of executive education to debt capital markets for the past 40 years and it is the pioneer of executive education on green bonds, having tailored, in partnership with IFC, specific content for emerging markets financial institutions. ICMA, a nonprofit organization, is also the leading international trade association for debt capital markets with over 500 members worldwide.
Stockholm School of Economics, SSE, is a leading research university within finance and economics, with strong links to the Swedish financial sector. In addition to bachelor, master, PhD and MBA programs, SSE offers highly ranked executive education programs. SSE Executive Education has more than 50 years of experience of designing and delivering training programs and is ranked No 1 in the Nordics within leadership and business development according to Financial Times.
The program will also involve expertise from leading green bond market players from Sweden as well as other parts of Europe, Luxembourg Green Exchange among others.
Sweden is a well-recognized global leader in sustainability, sustainable finance and green bonds. Many Swedish actors in the business society and finance sector are in the absolute forefront when it comes to developing sustainable business models and initiatives, as well as implementing sustainable investing. Sweden remains the sixth largest source of green bonds globally.
Venue – Campus Kämpasten
SSE Executive Education’s own conference center Kämpasten is located in a secluded area, surrounded by beautiful nature and water on the shores of lake Mälaren – perfect for focus and reflection. It is designed for executive education purposes with highest demands on the learning and networking environment, with functional premises, modern equipment and training facilities, professional and personal service and first class food and drinks.