The program is designed to meet the specific challenges and possibilities that managers of legal teams are facing today and are likely to face tomorrow. With the aim to sharpen the participants’ strategic and leadership capabilities, topics like personal legal leadership skills and style, strategic leadership of legal teams, effective legal services, legal operations efficiency and developing legal experts and teams will be addressed.
Consisting of four modules of in total seven days extended over a period of six months, the program will be provided in the form of lectures, interactive exercises, reflections, dialogue and sharing of experiences. Individual coaching sessions will be offered by the experienced program leaders, enabling you to address your specific needs and challenges. Participants will also meet in smaller groups, Mastermind Meetings, on at least two occasions to discuss topics most relevant to you.
An Advisory Board is giving input on the contents of the program, to ensure that it meets today’s and tomorrow’s needs of legal leaders. The Advisory Board currently consist of Jan Dernestam, Managing Partner at Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Lena Eriksson, Independent Senior Advisor and former CLO Nordea, and Jens Näsström, Occupational Psychologist and Researcher focusing on efficacy and well-being in Lawyers.
Want to learn more? This program, planned to start in August 2020, is currently under design and information will be added continuously. Please send a notice of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to stay updated.
- Leadership foundations and personal leadership strategy and style in leading legal teams, balancing the multiple professional responsibilities in being a leader, a legal expert and trusted partner adding strategic value to the company/firm.
- Legal team strategies; developing strategies for the legal team aligned with corporate strategy, different organizational set ups, client and cross-functional relationships.
- Effective legal services; client driven legal services, effective legal communication, integrity/commerciality dilemmas and professional proactivity and crisis management.
- Legal operations efficiency; value contribution, legal cost management and performance drivers.
- Developing legal experts and teams; recruiting, retaining, motivating and developing legal experts and teams.
- Shaping for the future; future challenges, legal tech potential, integrating sustainability goals, innovation strategy and leading change.
- Personal development; exploring and understanding yourself in leadership context.
This seven-day program will help you to become a more effective leader of legal teams and aims to:
- Enhance your capabilities to become a more strategic and value adding partner, by understanding the strategic and commercial aspects of leading a legal team and how to develop more efficient and effective legal operations and services.
- Improve your leadership skills and the balancing of your multiple roles as leader and expert.
- Enable you to respond with proactivity to the needs for change and development, facing today’s in-house and law firm legal service providers.
- Provide you with a greater understanding of how to develop and lead legal teams, by a better understanding of leadership strategies, talent management and performance drivers.
- Deepen your understanding of yourself and your capabilities and enhance your abilities to lead and collaborate with others
In addition, by participating in the program, you will get access to an extended professional network and be able to interact with and draw on the experiences of the other participants, lecturers and guest speakers.
The program is intended for legal professionals with leadership responsibilities, managing legal teams at companies, law firms, as well as government agencies or non-profit organisations. As a participant in this program you should manage or oversee other legal professionals in their current role.
Your title could for example be General Counsel (or subordinated Manager), Head of Legal Department, Law Firm Partner, or department or practice Unit Leader.
An effort is made to put together participant groups in which diverse industries, types of organizations and functions are represented. At the same time the different segments specific needs are taken into account when arranging for example break-out sessions and Mastermind Meetings.
In order to maximize the benefit of this leadership program, you strive to acquire a broader and deeper knowledge in leadership and are ready to invest in both your professional and personal development.
Next program start:
- The program is divided into four modules.
Do you need more information about this program? Click here!